1941 - A week before the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor, First Presbyterian Church of Flint sends out Oscar and Ruth Zetterberg to start the Kearsley Mission on the East side of Flint. Originally just a Sunday School, the first Sunday there are 25 in attendance. One year later there are 56 attending, including 18 adults.
1944 - On January 30, Calvary Presbyterian Church is established by the Presbytery of Flint as a particular church.
1946 - Walter L. Taylor is called as pastor, beginning his ministry on Easter Sunday.
1951 - A church building is erected on the corner of Richfield and Genesee roads and services began there on May 6.
1960s - The church grows in its identity as a community church.
1972 - Rev. Taylor retires after 26 years at Calvary and Rev. Harold K. Polk is installed as pastor in February of 1973.
1980 - The congregation votes to leave the PCUSA and, after a lengthy legal battle, loses the church building to the Presbytery. During the early eighties the Church meets in Kearsley School buildings, purchases land further east on Richfield Rd. and procedes to build the present building just east of Belsay Rd.
1986 - The first Sunday services in the new building are held on Easter. There are 612 people in attendance.
1993 - A large education wing is dedicated with 15 classrooms and larger nursery facilities.
2008 - Rev. Polk celebrates 35 years as senior pastor at Calvary.
2012 - Rev. Polk announces his resignation as pastor, effective in February, 2013. Click here for photos/messages from the celebration of his 40 years of service.
2013 - Waterbrook Christian Academy (grades pre-K through 12) begins operating out of Calvary's education wing.
2014 - On March 9th, Rev. Pete Scribner was installed as the third Senior Pastor in Calvary's 70-year history.